The section contains information on the Earthsure program initiatives
The environmental impacts of the media value chain are typically unknown and unmanaged. IERE Is partnering with the Institute for Sustainable Communications to change that.
- Sector Guidance
- sets up a program for an industry sector seeking multiple product category rules. It reduces overall cost of producing PCRs by reducing the number of issues the PCR Committee must address. It includes
- Detailed life cycle scoping appropriate for entire sector
- Standardized formats for EPDs
Building EPD Pilot Program
The following are areas in which we are developing Environmental Product Declarations.
Architects and Developers
This pilot program provides Earthsure EPDs for building components at a lower cost to all parties.
- The developer finds and works with component manufacturers who want the EPD.
- The Manufacturer donates the components to the project to support the EPD
- The developer funds the EPD development based on the donation of product
- IERE provides the PCR and validates the EPD
Building Component Manufacturers
This program gets you your EPD as an in-kind trade.
- You find an interested developer, and donate product to the project
- The developer pays IERE to develop the PCR and validate the EPD
- You have an EPD that you can use in marketing your product in other venues
- IERE will help you find an interested developer.